Derby Rubber Products Pty Ltd (Derby Rubber) is committed to collecting, handling and disclosing personal information lawfully and fairly and to taking reasonable steps to protect and safeguard personal information. Derby Rubber is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) and the ten National Privacy Principles set out in that Act.
This policy will serve to determine the following:
- Advise how Derby Rubber stores, uses and discloses personal information;
- Will relate to personal information collected by any means and by any technology;
- Advise how Derby Rubber makes personal information it holds accessible to, and available for correction by, an individual.
GDPR Compliance Statement
Derby Rubber welcomes the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as an important step forward in streamlining data protection requirements across the EU. Derby Rubber will comply with applicable GDPR regulations as a data processor.
Similar to existing legal requirements, compliance with the GDPR requires a partnership between Derby Rubber and our customers in their use of our services. Derby Rubber will comply with the GDPR in the delivery of our service to our customers.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include:
- phone and fax numbers
- email addresses
- job titles
- account details
- financial information
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including, but not limited to:
- by telephone
- by email
- via our website derbyrubber.com.au
- from media and publications
- from other publicly available sources, and
- from third parties.
Derby Rubber will only collect personal information that is necessary to promote its business, to provide its services or to conduct its activities.
These activities include:
- to provide products and services to clients
- to receive products and services from service providers and contractors
- to maintain and promote relationships with clients, service providers and contractors
- to provide clients and prospective clients with information on our services and products, economic and industry developments, and seminars and events that may be of interest to them
- to recruit and maintain relationships with staff
- to complete internal administration functions (e.g. invoicing clients).
You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing, or simply by clicking the unsubscribe button/link in our emails.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Derby Rubber will not disclose personal information to any other third party unless Derby Rubber has:
- reasonable grounds to believe that the disclosure is required by law;
- reasonable grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to a person’s life, health or safety;
- the consent of an individual to do so.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- for the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- for a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- with your consent, or where required or authorised by law.
Derby Rubber has in place generally accepted standards of technological security for the purpose of protecting personal information from misuse, loss, corruption, destruction, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Such personnel are required by Derby Rubber’s policies and employment contracts to maintain the confidentiality of this sensitive data.
Where personal information we hold is identified as no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed under the Privacy Act, we will take reasonable steps to destroy such information e.g. by shredding in the case of paper records and other means in the case of electronic records.
However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files. These will be kept for a minimum of 7 years in a secure archive room on site.
We may collect information through the use of ‘cookies’ on website activity for statistical purposes, including:
- the number of users who visit our website
- date and time of your visit to our website
- pages accessed and any information downloaded
- navigation patterns
- the country and systems used to access the website
Cookies are small files which are stored on a user’s computer. They hold data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer.
Once the cookie has been read by the code on the server or client computer, the data can be retrieved and used to customise the web page appropriately.
Cookies do not in themselves present a threat to privacy, since they can only be used to store information that the user has volunteered or that the web server already contains.
Unfortunately no data transmission over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that is sent to or received from Derby Rubber. This is particularly relevant to information that is sent to us via email.
Upon receipt of your transmission, we protect your personal information in line with our established procedures.
Our website has security systems in place, to protect the personal information provided to us. Our website may contain links or plug-ins to other sites. We are not responsible for content of or the privacy practises of other websites that may be linked to our website.
Derby Rubber may amend this policy where required. The updated version of this policy will be posted on our website.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it.
If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us at the following:
The Privacy Officer
Derby Rubber Products
84 Derby Street, Silverwater NSW 2128
In order to protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.